Get help from Croydon Council


Council Services

The Council is working with the NHS, police, voluntary sector and businesses, to support the local community at this difficult time and ensure everyone can access the help that they need.

The Council continues to deliver the vital public services residents depend on, and to safeguard and look after the most vulnerable. You can find out more information below.

Adult social care

If you have a medical condition that makes you extremely vulnerable to coronavirus and you’ll need help getting deliveries of essential supplies like food then please register on GOV.UK.

You can also find local food banks and support groups in your area by clicking here. Alternativley, contact Croydon Voluntary Action who will also be able to help. Email them with your full name, address and contact phone number at [email protected]

Appointments with adult social care staff are now happening on the telephone. If you had an appointment and haven’t heard from your social worker, call 020 8726 6000.

If you are concerned about a vulnerable adult, you can report it online or call 020 8726 6500. If the person is in immediate danger call 999.

Housing and homelessness

Face-to-face interviews with the Homeless and Housing Needs Service during the coronavirus outbreak have been suspended. Appointments will be by phone.

If you require urgent help or support then please call 020 8726 6000

Children and young people 

If you are concerned about a child at risk call 020 8255 2888 or out of hours 020 8726 6400.

If the child is in immediate danger call 999.

Domestic abuse support

For domestic abuse support the Family Justice Centre (FJC) remains open for appointments and walk-ins. Telephone appointments are also available by contacting: 020 8688 0100.

This is a fast moving situation. Please be sure to visit the Croydon Council website to get the latest updates: