Steve Reed is looking for an enthusiastic and hard-working person to join his busy constituency office in Thornton Heath for a three-month internship.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to gain experience and develop skills across a range of responsibilities within a Labour MP’s constituency office.
Salary: London living wage – £9.75 per hour
Closing Date: 2 April 2017
Interviews will take place on Friday 7 April in the constituency office, with a view to starting in April/early May.
- ability to deal with constituents in an understanding and compassionate manner
- excellent written communication skills
- ability to work quickly and accurately
- a commitment to the aims and values of the Labour Party
- responding to constituents’ enquiries and cases
- liaising with local and central government on behalf of constituents
- drafting responses to campaign and policy letters
Previous experience in a political environment is not essential.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Please send a CV of no more than one side of A4, together with a one-page covering letter setting out why you would like this internship, to email@example.com. Applications which exceed the CV and covering letter lengths will not be considered.
Due to the expected high volume of applications, only those invited for interview will be notified. If you have not heard from us by 4 April, you have not been shortlisted.