Steve Reed is looking for an enthusiastic and hard-working person to join his busy constituency office in Thornton Heath for a three-month internship. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to gain experience and develop skills across a range of responsibilities within a Labour MP’s constituency office.
Salary: London living wage – £10.20 per hour (part-time)
Hours: Monday – Thursday, 9.30am-5pm.
- ability to deal with constituents in an understanding and compassionate manner
- excellent written communication skills
- ability to work quickly and accurately
- a commitment to the aims and values of the Labour Party
- responding to constituents’ enquiries and cases
- liaising with local and central government on behalf of constituents
- drafting responses to campaign and policy letters
- data entry
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 26 January 2018
Interviews will take place on Thursday 1 February, in the constituency office.
Please send a one-page covering letter setting out why you would like this internship, together with a CV of no more than one side of A4, to email@example.com. Applications which exceed these lengths will not be considered.