Steve Reed MP is looking for a Constituency Support Officer, based in his Thornton Heath office.
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales [£19,000 – £28,849]
Closing Date: 12 April 2016
Interview/Start Dates: Interviews will take place on Friday, 15 April for a start date May/June.
Application Details: Please send a short covering letter and a CV of no more than two sides to email@example.com.
- support the caseworker and other staff with a range of duties
- liaise with and be engaged with local groups, councillors and organisations in the constituency to keep the Member updated on local constituency issues
- draft correspondence on constituency and casework matters.
- assist the caseworker with daily queries from members of the public by phone or in person, taking the appropriate initial action to resolve, document or escalate their concerns or enquiries
- attend surgeries and other meetings to assist the Member in dealing with constituents’ issues
- assist the caseworker in gathering relevant information from constituents in order to progress or close the case
- draft responses or respond to constituents on any issues raised on behalf of the Member as directed
- maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant guidelines/legislation as appropriate in dealing with casework
- analyse patterns of enquiries to identify local or constituency issues which require the Member’s attention
- organise local meetings to enable the Member to better engage with residents and community groups
- assist with constituency events and local campaigns
- assist with communications, working proactively to identify local campaigns and constituency issues
- ensure records of contact with constituents are kept, with details of each case, by adhering to the Data Protection Act principles and respect the confidentiality of data at all times
- undertake general administrative tasks
- assist with the work of other colleagues as required and communicate appropriately with internal and external contacts
- competent use of IT including casework management systems, Microsoft Office package and the internet
- tactful and sensitive in dealing with constituent enquiries with an ability to prioritise and gatekeep effectively
- able to work as part of a team and balance the different aspects of this role
- sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 12 April 2016
Interviews will take place on Friday, 15 April for a start date May/June.
Please send a short covering letter and a CV of no more than two sides to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be acknowledged by email.